Mount Tabor Grainery 1
Built circa 1967
Sitting on the original Rutland Railroad line, this granary was built and operated by Mr. Goodwin Crosby in the 1950’s. The original structure burned to the ground in 1963. The mill depicted here was the rebuilt granary completed in 1967 and sits abandoned today. Crosby’s son, Elbert took over the operation in the 1970’s when the mill eventually closed and the adjacent buildings were used for their lumber and hardware business until it too closed in 1987.